Sunday, September 23, 2012

Unintended Consequences

About a year ago, I accepted a job working as a sales associate with my cousin working in sports marketing and sales. I went in to this job knowing I would be selling various sports merchandise including signed footballs, pictures, jerseys, and cards and discovered that I was actually going to be able to meet current and retired professional football and baseball players. This was an awesome benefit and perk to discover and I am so glad I accepted this job. I work for little pay, but the experience is unforgettable. To the right is a picture of me with previous UGA tight end Aaron White who is now currently playing professionally for the Atlanta Falcons.








Here is another picture of the inside of former UGA football coach Vince Dooley's house and lots of merchandise that he signed for our company to sell. My experience with Coach Dooley was awesome. I was given the benefit to tour his house and spend the afternoon getting to know him.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an exciting job!! I would love to work with and around so many huge sports names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely sounds like a job where the pay doesn't matter because the experience is legendary. I'd gladly trade jobs with you for a week or two.

    ReplyDelete